October 08th, 2020 | Wired In to Our Community
IQ Wired is focused on increasing technology resources for children that are required to receive their schooling and education remotely now. Through the month of October, and in partnership with Community Computer Connection, IQ Wired is working to gather device donations (laptops, desktops, tablets, etc.) and then provide them to children in need so that they can learn effectively from anywhere.
Did you know: 54,000 Children in the State of Colorado still do not have access to the technology that they require to learn effectively from home.
Did you know: With the possibility of a COVID surge, the number of children in need will grow exponentially, and it’s heightened for areas in Colorado that are rural.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Have a look around your home and office – do you have any unused devices you do not need any longer? If the answer is yes, please consider donating any unused devices such as: laptops, desktops, or hardware to this great cause. Also, please feel free to share this initiative with your friends, families and coworkers.
If you’d like to learn more or are interested in donating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nadia at 720.420.4672. Our goal is to gather at least 250 devices during the month of October!
- Pick up may be possible for quantities of 30 devices or more! Donations accepted of smaller quantities at Community Computer Connection facility by appointment only.
- You could also contact IQ Wired or your IQ Wired representative and schedule time to drop off your donations at the IQ Wired office.
- A donation receipt for tax purposes can be provided.
- When equipment is donated, the policy is to wipe all devices using NIST compliant data destruction standards even if the devices are previously wiped. Devices are fully tested and parts replaced as needed. The devices are then imaged with a licensed copy of Windows 10. Finally, every device is ‘detailed’ to clean them up and make it look as close to new as possible. They want the recipients to have the best quality equipment that they can provide.
- Hard drives not required in order to donate the device. In great need of Laptops that are a Core I series Gen 3 processor or newer if possible.
Community Computer Connection (C3) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to changing lives through technology. C3 partners with public and private sector businesses to collect IT assets that are being removed from service. They repair and refurbish computer equipment so they can be reused.
https://c3-colorado.org/ 2835 W. Oxford Ave. #3 Englewood Colorado 80110